Originally Posted by badboy
1. Nose Jesse Williams Alabama 6'3" 320
2. OLB/DE Dion Jordan Oregon 6'7" 243
3a. S/CB Micah Hyde Iowa 6'1" 190
3b OG Alvin Bailey 6'5" Arkansas 315
4. WR Marcus Davis Virginia Tech 6'4" 232 4.3 43 inch vertical
5a TE Jake Stoneburner Ohio State 6'5" 245 4.49
5b ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky 6'1" 265 109 T (17 for loss)3.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 INT
6. SS Ray Ray Armstrong 6'4" 220 4.59
Sorry I am a little late here badboy, had a couple busy days on campus.
1) I like going NT. While it is not a hole- how many real holes does this team have?- NT could stand to be upgraded. Williams is a proven player in the SEC, and should be a solid starter for years. I dont see him being an impact player though. That is not a bad thing, but just something to keep in mind.
2) I also like grabbing an edge rusher. However, I worry about Jordan's length in converting to OLB. 6'7" is a lot of length, and I dont think he has the elite athleticism to help him overcome it. I think he will look awkward in the NFL coming off the edge. I would not hate the pick, but it would make me nervous.
3) Hyde is a great pick. No complaints.
3) I dont know a lot about Bailey, but Arkansas has looked like crap in the very little that I have seen. Furthermore, I would think that an OT would be taken before an OG, since we have Jones and Brooks waiting in the wings.
4) Davis is a good pick as well. Athletic as hell.
5) Stoneburner is definitely a Hernandez type TE. He wont ever be an overpowering blocker, but he will stretch the seams with the best of them.
5) I really, really like Jackson. Again, I worry that he wont declare this year. As a smaller school prospect, leaving school early if you are not a top couple round lock is gutsy.
6) As much as I like Jackson, I dislike Armstrong. It is only a 6th, but I dont think he has a place on the team, especially at SS. However, if, as wolf suggested, he adds 10-20 lbs and moves to ILB, then he could be interesting as a ST and package player. He has a lot of talent.
7) BPA is always good.
Nice work! I would be happy with this draft.