View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012   #60
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ben Tate could have probably done what Arian has done so far this season if he was given those same touches, but Arian has shown that he is capable of doing things that Tate can't, even though he hasn't really done it yet this year...

Just because you have guys that could do what another guy has done so far doesn't mean you should replace said player. Merciless could have given us the production Connor Barwin has given us so far...Do you think he should be replaced right now?
First, I don't think that Mercilus can give us or do what Connor Barwin has. I don't think Ben Tate is as good as Arian Foster. If they were better, then I'd want them playing instead of those guys.

I think Danieal Manning is a better kick returner than Trindon Holliday. I think Justin Forsett is a better kick returner than Trindon Holliday. I think Shiloh Keo could give us what Trindon Holliday has given us AND allow us to keep another player on the 53 who could help us depth and development wise.

Comparing Trindon -- a guy who has done absolutely zilch in the regular season so far -- to Arian Foster, Ben Tate, or Connor Barwin is kinda ridiculous. That's like comparing Alan Ball to Johnathon Joseph.

I think Trindon's preseason production has you guys mesmerized.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote