Thread: Must Win @ NYJ
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Must Win @ NYJ

The most important game in franchise history is (in my opinion) always the next one. Always. I think it would be very, very unfortunate for the Texans to stumble this week. When a top 5 team is presented with a weak and wounded opponent on national TV they take the opportunity to crush that opponent and tell everyone else in the NFL that they are here to "kick ass and chew bubble gum" so to speak.

You know why New England can lose a game they should have won early in the year and no one says "See, same old Patriots"? Because they've done it. They've won it all. Same can be said for a number of teams out there. When the Texans drop that game they should have won people do indeed say "Same old Texans" and they will until the Texans erase that perception with a new one. The last few years we've feasted on the bums and lost a lot of games to both good teams and trap teams. That doesn't get it done if you want to go where the Texans want to go.

Starting in 2012 I want to see the Texans change that. It's time to crush the teams we're supposed to crush and start taking some of these games against contenders. I think the Texans are capable of beating the Jets and then coming home and at least splitting with the Packers and Ravens. I really believe that they have the talent and coaching to enter the bye week 7-0. It just remains to be seen whether they have the luck and can stay focused through that stretch.