View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dominant Texans Chase Statistical History (Per SI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinaspaul View Post
I guess I was making a suggestion that we follow the team's protocol: to look at the game ahead of us (Jets) and not to stray off to "more qualified teams" in the distance... to focus on maintaining 1-0 for the week, every week.
I was actually surprised to see PapaL get onto you about that "1 game at a time" thing. It's actually a pet peeve of mine and I didn't know anyone else shared it.

But a lot of times, fans hear the sayings that the players need to live by or they were high school/college players and they had those sayings drilled into them and it gets them into a players-mindset. The coaches say those things over and over: "One game at a time. Don't get too high or too low. Yadda yadda yadda."

That's great for the players.

But for us? We're fans. The only effect we have on the game is when we're in the stadium cheering (or being quiet). Our thoughts and actions aren't going to cost the team a game. We can look ahead. It's OK.

We need to start a support group.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote