View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012   #107
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
There is always the potential for tough times in the future but I'm just enjoying this team right now! Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I see this team (with my limited knowledge to be fair)..I imagine there is 3 or 4 more straight years of cracks at the SB? (barring major injuries or losing players in other ways )
We have a window of opportunity. With the salary caps and whatnot, the front office has to be good at keeping the core players signed and letting other players go and finding/drafting replacements.

This FO has done a good job of finding and drafting talent. We had to let some guys walk this offseason and we had to trade a guy. If we had been able to retain those guys both offense and defense would probably be better -- which is a scary thought. But that's life.

Some teams are historically good at "reloading" and when Bob McNair bought the team, he said he was going to model the way we work on the Steelers which is one of those teams that has been good for a long time with very few down seasons. Let's hope we become one of those teams that's just good year after year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote