Re: Quarter season 2013 mock
1. I just reread my post and didn't mean to imply Sylvester in the 1st. I read as well that he's not having a good year, he'd be a 2nd or 3rd round pick based on potential. He's got the size and athleticism to be good at DT in the NFL but I think he's lacking some motivation, or a kick in the ass, this year. Different coaching and teammates, I think he'd be just fine as a Texan.
2. Barwin hasn't put up the stats but we all know what he's capable of and this years lack of stats should make the price to re-sign him a little lower and maybe a few teams less interested. I think Barwin is back next year.
3. Matthew might fall to us in the 1st but I doubt Kubiak spends a 1st on a RT. I think Wagner could be had at our pick in the 2nd. He's a slow RT that would probably be a stud OG. I haven't looked hard at Cooper yet. I like Newton but just think he's in over his head right now. He might get better but I don't want a guy that's marginal at RT and looking over his shoulder to see who replaces him, I want a stud RT that owns the position for year to come. I think Thomas could be that guy as a 2nd round pick.
4. I agree with need at WR no matter how good Posey, Jean, and Martin do this year. None of them is a #2 WR with potential to be a future #1. I think WR is a pick of opportunity, if a really good one is there when we pick I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken in any round.
5. OD is having a very good year and as long as we owe him money it makes no sense to cut him and I don't think McNair likes paying dead money. OD will be back next year lessening our need for a TE, and Casey should be a cheap re-sign.
6. I see Armstrong as nothing more than a special teams player for us. Wade wants safeties with cover skills. Also with Armstrong's off the field issues I don't see the Texans being that interested. Now if they look the other way on his off field issues and want to put him on the PS, put weight on him and move him to ILB, I've got no problem with the pick. Very low risk in the 6th.