View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #29
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dominant Texans Chase Statistical History (Per SI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I think the Texans will remain one of the dominant teams through the season, but the only quality opponent we played was Denver, and they hardly have their chemistry established. I'll believe these formulas after Green Bay and Baltimore.

I have enjoyed the beatdowns we're giving, though.
One of the quality stats (one of their most reliable indicators, in fact) controls for strength of opponents.

Example: if team A averages 25 PPG, and we hold them to 10, we're +15. If they allow 20 PPG on average, and we score 24 on them, we're +4. It's actually pretty hard to gain many points in this category against bad teams, but we're still leading the league.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote