Thread: The Read-Option
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Read-Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
If I was a Jets coach, I would seriously consider giving the Texans a heavy dose of the read-option with Tebow. There are just too many reasons why they should.

1. Sanchez & the offense has looked horrible!
2. Both starting receivers are injured and most likely won't play (Holmes & Hill)
3. If the Texans defense has a weakness, it's against the run
4. Keep the Texans offense on the sidelines

If the Jets go with this approach, how do you think we'll do? How do you suggest defending the read-option? I keep thinking back to the Panthers game last season. I know Tebow isn't anywhere close to the QB & athlete Cam is, but the Panthers were successful when they did run those read-option plays.
Tebow has finally been made aware of his subtle deficiency, compliments of Ryan, and he is working hard to overcome it.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote