View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #44
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 36799 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans call out "Big Country"

Didn't read everyone's comments, so if someone has already covered this--my apologies.

There is no penalty for pulling the hair. One poster stated, and he's correct--that the hair becomes a part of the uniform. To pull the hair is the equivalent of pulling the jersey.

And as far as sympathy from officials...
All of the officials that I've called games with--and that equals well into the hundreds of games, absolutely hate the long hair hanging out of the helmet. Now certainly, we didn't talk about long hair at each game, because most players don't have it hanging out like Brooks does--but every player knows full well that it's fair game. Goldie locks got snatched. :::shrugs shoulders::: No penalty.

And as far as players being dirty...
Some teams/players are coached to be dirty. No, I don't mean "intense" and play hard...I mean DIRTY. And yes, the officials know and pay attention to a dirty player. With that said, unless an official has a grudge or something like that against a player--they're probably not gonna single them out. Our players knew that this turd was dirty, and I guarantee you that they took every shot at him that they could. He fired back. Maybe he instigated it...and? Handle your business and blow his butt up!

Always thought it made players look soft to (seemingly) whine to the press. And NO, I don't care if they were asked. The answer is simple when asked: "Ya know, there is a lot of stuff that happens down deep in the trenches. Sometimes it gets nasty, but it's a collision sport...we aren't playing checkers."

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote