View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans call out "Big Country"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
You know what? That was a poor choice of words on my end. I didn't mean "that's football" as if poor sportsmanship was an acceptable method of playing the game. I meant "that's football" as if it comes with the game. I would never advocate playing dirty football.

No offense but... I'm rolling my eyes at your "don't like it, don't read it" comment... yeah... simple solution.... not. If you want to hear your teammates cry wolf week in/week out... that's your prerogative. Richie Incognito and Big Country are NOT worthy of being a headline. You seem to imply that they are. As for the book you posted, I'd love to read it. I'm with you... it makes for a good book. Headline? Not so much.
Do you know what "crying wolf" implies? I'm sure you know the story, which a young boy wanted attention so he cried "wolf!" while tending the sheep.

But, as we all know, there was no wolf.

Are you implying that our players are calling out these opponents for doing something that they are not actually doing? That's what it sounds like when you say that they are crying wolf.

Perhaps they are bringing attention to it so they league takes action? Some of the dirty stuff done in piles can result in injuries. Maybe they just want attention brought to a problem so the league and it's appointed officials on the field start to notice it and penalize it accordingly.

As far as avoiding what you don't want to read, I find it easy. I grew tired of Tebow a long time ago, so now I change the channel when they babble about him or don't click a link if it's about him. I still love the NFL and absorb a lot of it, but I made a decision a long time ago to avoid some of the things that I'm either burned out of or have no interest in reading about. I was just offering advice, not trying to be obtuse with you.