View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #36
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans call out "Big Country"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So that's football, huh? Check this out:

Confessions of a Dirty Ballplayer <---released in 1972, written by Johnny Sample (defensive back -- Baltimore Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskins, New York Jets, 1958-68)

People - fans, media, players - have been talking about this stuff for decades. And now you want them to shut up because it does not conform to your definition of "football"?

Some of us want to read this stuff, which is the audience who the Chronicle writes to inform.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple solution.
You know what? That was a poor choice of words on my end. I didn't mean "that's football" as if poor sportsmanship was an acceptable method of playing the game. I meant "that's football" as if it comes with the game. I would never advocate playing dirty football.

No offense but... I'm rolling my eyes at your "don't like it, don't read it" comment... yeah... simple solution.... not. If you want to hear your teammates cry wolf week in/week out... that's your prerogative. Richie Incognito and Big Country are NOT worthy of being a headline. You seem to imply that they are. As for the book you posted, I'd love to read it. I'm with you... it makes for a good book. Headline? Not so much.