View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nolan a Texan again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So the question is, do you want to use that 1 newfangled Injured Reserve on Demps or do you want to save it in case someone else that's more important gets injured.
And my point still stands.

The actual player that you use the new IR rule on is not relevant to that actual player.

What matters is the guys that you would have to cut.

Lets say an "important player" gets an injury that will take a while to heal. What are you going to do?

You're going to do what teams have always done. Keep them on the roster but not have them active on gameday. And if you need to sign someone to replace their spot, then some bubble player will be cut...

I really don't understand what you guys are talking about.

All this rule does is enable you to bring in an extra player instead of cutting a guy to make room. The player that you use the new exception on can come back when they are healed just like a player that you put on the inactive game day roster...

Of course someone will have to be cut when said player comes back, but again, that has 0 to do with the actual player.

I'm not saying the Texans won't cut someone and not use the new rule on Demps. What I'm saying is saving it for a "more important player" doesn't make any sense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote