View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
So clutch is now being up by 20 and winning the game?
I prefer being up by 20 and choking the life out of my opponent to being down by 2 with less than a minute and marching down the field to get in position for a winning field goal.

One of my big issues with the "clutch" player is that to be "clutch", you have to have made a mistake at some point so that your team got behind. They asked John Elway about all his 4th quarter comebacks and his response was that he wished he'd never been down in the first place. And he said a lot of times, he was having to make up for mistakes he made in the first half of games.

So give me "winning" over "clutch". Or just re-define "clutch" to mean performing at a high level right from the get-go instead of trying to flip a switch and only be good at the end of the game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote