View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #31
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Observations from the frenemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Toronto is a long time fan of the Oilers/Titans. He is one of those that was an Oilers fan but didnt' have real ties to the city of Houston. So when the team moved he went with them.

Of course I am sure he regrets that often. You can change the city, the name and alter the colors however the heartbreaking results remain the same.

He should have stuck with Houston and not Bud Adams.
I wanted to rep this.

I grew up in Houston 1975-84. (2-12) I was a wee little one when the Astros and Oilers broke our hearts in 1980. (and 1981 on the Astros)

I moved back to Toronto (my birthplace) when my folks split up, but obviously was married to the Astros, Rockets and of course Oilers. Like all of you, had my heart broken by the Astros in '86, the Run N' Shoot and their dumbass coaches.

I was in the stadium for 35-3. I had the joy of the Rockets in 93-94 and by that time had some love for the Jays too so piggybacked off their two titles in 92-93.

As time's gone by, the connection to Houston has slipped. I've only been back to the town twice since 1990, and once was for business.

That said, I still love the Astros, have warm memories of the teams and the passion I grew up on/with and love chatting with you folks, even though Canada has certainly moved me much further left than most of you politicially.

I guess I would have stuck with the Texans and Rockets if the connection to Houston had been stronger, but I adopted the Raptors and stuck with Bud Adams, even though I hate his guts as much as you guys.

This is the best Houston football team I have personally seen since 1993. Just hope Kubiak's a better coach than Jack Pardee.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote