Thread: Boo Birds?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #49
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boo Birds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't care how anyone rationalizes it, booing your team is stupid. It has absolutely no chance of affecting anything in that game. Kubiak doesn't give a flying fornication thru a rolling confection what a bunch of liquored up fans think of his play calling. He isn't going to be altering his play calling over it. The players sure as hell don't appreciate it. If you think you are helping pump them up by cheering them then the obvious flip side is you take wind out of their sails when you boo.

If you want to be constructive and consider yourself a superior play caller to Kubiak then call in to his show and talk to him. Not every HC affords their fans such an opportunity. We have all sorts of team leaders who appear on radio as well. Talk to them politely instead of being an inconsiderate boob in the stands.

/rant
I agree, but I was just offering my take on it from a psychological POV if you will. I have personally never boo'd my own team. I leave that to pompous yankees up in the Northeast. Interestingly though, after the booing vs Miami and the Titans...it seems the play picked up a little...so maybe somebody does care. Maybe the players go, "Gosh, the home crowd just boo'd us, let's give them something to cheer about." Instead of this whole new emo, YMCA attitude of, "Please cheer us regardless of how we do and we'll take a trophy too, thanks."

Again, I personally wouldn't boo, but yelling obscenities at your team and booing is the same thing and I wouldn't look down my nose at someone if they chose to boo. What's the difference between booing at the game, cursing at the TV at a public venue, or expressing your disgust with certain things on a forum? In one way or another it all gets back to the team, and real men who get paid millions of dollars don't want to let down their fan base and they get motivation out of it. To quote Cush, "Ain't no puppies out here".

Additionally: People who claim they don't care about rep, probably do somewhere deep down inside. However, instead of crying about it, they should seek to make better posts then they wouldn't make false claims about not caring about rep. People, interested enough in their team and that teams competitive fire usually have a little competitive fire of their own, and it reflects in their personal life. That's what sports is about, and we celebrate our victories and suffer our losses with our team, as we live vicariously through them on the gridiron.