Thread: Boo Birds?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boo Birds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Exactly. I have to explain this every week.

"WHY ARE THEY RUNNING THE BALL! WHY!?!?!"
"Umm...because it's 3rd and 11 on our own 5 yard line?"

Also I think Kubes has handled it well. One thing I am noticing against lesser opponents is very conservative playcalling. He knows that the only way we lose to the Titans or Jags is by beating ourselves. Against the Broncos though he aired it out. I'm expecting the same old conservative playcalling against the Jets since...their offense is not going to beat us, but if you give their offense short fields and turn over the ball then any team can beat you on any sunday.
We agree on the reasons behind those particular plays .... but I think the downfield shots Vs dink and dunk are more a product of what the defenses are doing .... particularly the depth of their safeties. When those safeties are playing up , those long plays are safe plays .... Very little risk of a turnover when they are in stride with a reciever. When they are playing back in a deep zone , they are able to make more plays on the ball sideline to sideline .... those deep throws become a bigger risk.

Jax played their safeties in another county .... and their LBers were at depth often too .... what we saw was the offense take advantage of that by pounding the ball on the ground and controling the clock.

Denver played their safeties up aggressively .... and they went deep often and with great result. Denver wanted to stop the run .... and paid for it.

The Tits were somewhere between the two , they took a downfield shot or two but the results werent what they were Vs Denver .... Schaub spread the ball underneath those safeties controlling the clock with a mix of runs and completions.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote