Thread: Catch the fever
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Catch the fever

Catch the fever...
Quote:
HOUSTON -- Why, I don't have a Texan bone among the 206 in my body, but I sure did catch some Texans fever on Sunday.

It started on the metro to Reliant Stadium, in the chirpy chatter of fans with the hope in their faces threatening to blot out the long, long, interminable suffering that dates all the way back to 2002. (Many of them weathered the 2-14 in 2005!) It continued through the parking lot, where the grills hissed and the music blared everything from David Guetta to Alan Jackson crooning "It Must Be Love." (Yes, it must be.)

It spiked inside the stadium among 71,581 cheering a team that isn't good. (It's damn good.) And after a third rout in four games (38-14 over the Titans) in a league crazy with balance, the fever failed to ebb all the way through the locker room, where hearing the players might make you envy their collaborative life experience and wish you could join this team. (That's if you didn't have to take the hits to your 206 bones.)
That's slightly odd, because there might be a prerequisite for catching Texans fever. You might have to be from this part of Texas (as apparently Texas has another NFL team), or you might have to really, really, really love football. Actual football. Cold, admirable, thoughtful football. Casual fans seeking glitter and flash might prove immune...
read more: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/39294732
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote