Thread: Boo Birds?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #36
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boo Birds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Exactly. I have to explain this every week.

"WHY ARE THEY RUNNING THE BALL! WHY!?!?!"
"Umm...because it's 3rd and 11 on our own 5 yard line?"

Also I think Kubes has handled it well. One thing I am noticing against lesser opponents is very conservative playcalling. He knows that the only way we lose to the Titans or Jags is by beating ourselves. Against the Broncos though he aired it out. I'm expecting the same old conservative playcalling against the Jets since...their offense is not going to beat us, but if you give their offense short fields and turn over the ball then any team can beat you on any sunday.
I'll buy this and I bet you we will see a much different look against the likes of GB, Baltimore and N.E. and to a lesser extent, Chicago and Detroit. I think Kubes has some tricks up his sleave he just won't expose until playoffs, plays he's probably used before, but hoping teams have long since forgotten about and maybe a few new gems. In my opinion, we have still been very vanilla against our first 4 opponents. TBH, I think Kubes would rather take an L against a team, then show a potential come back series of plays useful for a playoff type situation. We shall see.

Hey, 4-0 is great, but we really haven't played anyone yet. Although, I can imagine the 2010 Texans would be 2-2 right now and even the 2011 Texans might be looking at 3-1. I think we drop that game in Denver if it's not THIS year's team and I think the 2010 team drops it to the Titans once they brought it to within 7.

I love the focus and general TEAM attitude these guys have. No one complains about touches or how many downs they play, they just get it done. I freaking love this team and what they have built. Houston may not have the flashiest franchises, but they always build franchises you can be proud of.