View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kubiak...

Quote:
(on if he’s worried about the run defense, especially after Titans RB Chris Johnson’s breakout game today) “They had a lot of yards at the end of the game too. I don’t know statistically how it comes out. You also have to go back and look at what took place before that last drive when they were running all the draws and we were in that situation. One of the good things is we have had some leads. If we’ve got some leads and people are going to commit to running the football it’s a good thing for our team. You have to look at how the game is going, what you’re trying to do to win, and all I know is we are playing darn good defense. There are always some things you can do better, and obviously that is one of them. We could run the ball better, too. I didn’t like the way we ran today.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-e5c071f04e92
I was thinking pretty much the same thing. It sucks that we gave up so many yards on the ground, but they didn't get any points that counted out of it. It was pretty much garbage time all second half & they (the Titans) decided to treat it as a preseason game & not try to win.

We're most likely playing back, playing the pass. They're going to get some yards on the ground.

So in short, I don't think we can use this game to gauge our run defense. I understand the previous three games we didn't look good either, the score took away the running game.

& I really think that is more important than our run defense, the offense has to get off to a good start & build a lead. That's the best run defense any team can ask for.

By the way, we're 3rd in points allowed with teams 1 & 2 (Bears & Cowboys) playing tonight.