View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012   #54
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, if you take the 4th quarter out of the equation, CJ averaged 5 yards a carry. He never had a huge breakout run, like you mention, so that pretty well means he actually was getting about that per run through the first three quarters.

That said, I think worry is too strong a word for this thread. We're just considering possible problems.
Actually he did have a few "long" runs. I'm ok with that. If a guy averages 5 ypc by carring for -2 yards and 11 yards and -2 and 9 I'm ok with that. I woudl prefer that to 5 yards, 5 yads, 5 yards, 5 yards over and over. As an offense running the ball for negative yards is disrupting. It puts you in positions that you are in 2nd and 3rd and long. On one play he lost 7 yards. Weclcome to 2nd and 17. I would actually rather he get one or two long runs and average 5 ypc than average 4 ypc on all 4 yard runs.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote