View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #173
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt is now leading the league in sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
It just goes to show how good this defense is. JJ Watt is so successful,
because the offense has to choose not to double him. If they double him,
who's gonna stop Reed, Barwin, or Smiff? This defense is just SICK. This is
such a change from the days they only asked Mario to provide pressure.

As long as JJ Watt is single-teamed, it's gonna be a long day for the offensive
line. If they double him, uh-oh.
I can buy that. With that logic one would lead you to believe that a downturn is sack numbers (not pressure) from Watt is to be expected in the near future as there is no way offenses can continue to afford to not double team Watt.

With the downturn in sacks from Watt, there should be an uptick in sacks from Reed, Barwin, and Mercilus...assuming Watt starts comanding double teams.

One way or the other, the defense and Wade are doing what they need to do. They are kicking the opposing offenses asses up and down the field thru four weeks so far...

Very excited to exact revenge on the Jets next week. I really hope we embarass them in front of a national audience.