View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #171
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt is now leading the league in sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Thats right. Leading over Clay Mathews, a pure pass rushing outside line backer in a 3-4.

Our 3-4 defensive end is leading the league in sacks. Just shows how good this guy actually is.

As happy as I am of Watts success at getting after the passer, it makes me scratch my head on the lack of sacks our OLB's are getting. I know they are getting pressure and hits on QB but I figured they would be racking them up similar if not better than last year.

I mean, next in sacks on our team is Brooks Reed with 1.5. I know sacks do not tell the whole story but with the amount of blitzes Wade does in this scheme one would think the sacks would be coming out of our "ears".

Anyone have input on the lack of sacks from our OLB position?
It just goes to show how good this defense is. JJ Watt is so successful,
because the offense has to choose not to double him. If they double him,
who's gonna stop Reed, Barwin, or Smiff? This defense is just SICK. This is
such a change from the days they only asked Mario to provide pressure.

As long as JJ Watt is single-teamed, it's gonna be a long day for the offensive
line. If they double him, uh-oh.