View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 5 Texans @ Jets - Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He has a knack for making defense sort of freeze up, hesitate.

He took out the Steelers in the playoffs last year, Showtime. I'm not saying that we crown him yet. I don't think he's that good, honestly.

I am just saying that Rex is goofy like his daddy was. He thinks he can maybe put a spark in the team's ass, on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, at home, by putting in the guy that so many people think can save them from themselves. Pun intended.

That's not me saying he's good. I'm only saying that if I know Rex Ryan, he's going to flirt with the idea. Nobody can be so naive as to make themselves think that the Jets brought Tebow to NY to just let him sit there and take three snaps a game, to be a rah-rah guy and that's it.

All of this is the perfect storm for the Jets to nudge Ryan into the direction of trying Tebow out, in as perfect of a storm as could be presented tbh, juuuuust to see if it works. They're already going to lose if they start Sanchez, so why not throw a curve ball and see if the relief pitcher makes a difference?

Holmes will likely be out. They have no running game. Tebow would be minced meat against us, but Sanchez even more IMO. Rex Ryan is desperate. Nobody is going to blame him for it if he tries it, so I think he ends up trying it.

Remember: Everyone thought I was nuts for saying the Dolphins would cut Troy nolan after about two weeks into the season..."The Dolphins have a legitimate need at Safety, GP! You have a tin foil hat GP! Ha ha!" and yet the Dolphins did what I knew they would do. Rex will start Tebow OR at a minimum he'll yank Sanchez and replace him....and the crowd will go nuts for it.
Bullpuckey, they already knew you were nuts!!!!!!!!!