View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #166
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I can recall maybe three or four times, MAYBE, that Mario Williams had the type of impact on games like JJ Watt has had this year already.

He's swatting down passes. He's sacking the QB at key times. He's stuffing runners who come his way. He's making everyone around him look like a million dollars. And all of it is done by being a down lineman, not a guy coming off the edge.

I really have no interest in giving Mario Williams any credit, slack, whatever we call it. At the end of the day, he has half the heart that JJ Watt is. Some guys don't embrace the pressure to perform, to lead, to set an example each week. JJ Watt does, though. That much is evident.

And if JJ Watt goes out to injury, he's still better than Mario. He could quit today, say "I'm going to dedicate my life to the pursuit of making the best pizza on the planet" and I'd say he's above and beyond Mario Williams.

I can't bring myself to display fake civility toward Mario Williams. I don't hate the guy, just don't think he deserves to be revered or even complimented much at all with what talent he leaves on the table every game.
Yep. I don't dislike Mario or wish him unwell. If I saw him on the street I'd happily shake his hand and wish him good health.

But I can't bring myself to give him that much respect. He was the # 1 overall pick and has # 1 overall pick God-given talent, but he doesn't bring that talent to every down or even once every series of downs.

He wasn't offered a renewed contract by the team that drafted him and now I'm certain Buffalo is wondering why they paid him $100 million. That says it all right there.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote