View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Return of O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Heard an announcer say that Schaub stated something like, "The offense actually revolves around Owen Daniels." That's quite a statement.
I don't normally like to toot my own horn here...but I'm gonna'

I have ALWAYS said, and I quote, "This offense is better when Owen Daniels is targeted EARLY and OFTEN. Once he gets it going, it opens up everything else for the rest of our offense." I've been saying that for the past four years now.

Forget the running game. Forget Andre Johnson. For a moment, just stop and understand that when your TE--in this case it's Owen Daniels--when he gets targeted for those early big gains, defenses FREAK OUT.

Now what does a LB do? Does he stick with the TE, and if he does can he really stay with him? If he keys on OD, then that's a LB who is out of the picture to help stop our RB, or another WR who might be in that same area as OD.

This also stretches the field for our WRs, such as Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. James Casey too.

Owen Daniels? Yeah, this offense has always played much better when Schaub and Owen Daniels make an early & often connection. He's the hub and the spokes of the wheel are Foster, Tate, AJ, Walter, Casey, Martin, etc.