View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012   #45
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
2. UT defense looks bad...really bad. The OSU running game shredded the Longhorn D. 8 yards per carry for Walsh, 7.1 for the QB, and overall almost 7 yards per run? That is pitiful. I don't know what happened, but suddenly UT cannot tackle. I have not seen such a pitiful tackling display since the Texans introduced the Olé defense a few years ago. I don't know what happened. Last year Manny Diaz's defense was solid if not good. I thought his year would be as good if not better. This year they can't tackle. Very disappointing effort. Compared to where I thought they would be, the defense is light years worse than I expected.
I agree with pretty much your entire post. But the part about the defense is especially worthy of note. To be fair, I think Oklahoma State is a very good offensive football team, which they demonstrated tonight. That being said, there is no excuse for how poorly the Longhorns looked on certain plays on defense throughout the evening.

With West Virginia coming to town, there will be no excuses. The Longhorns defense will need to play better against the Miners to win that game. But at the same time, their defense will have to play better than they did against the Bears to beat the Longhorns. I expect that the Longhorns will play better, and that WVU probably will too.

Over the next two weeks, we will see how good or bad this Texas team really is. Next Saturday at home against WVU and then the following Saturday against Oklahoma in Dallas.

But if Texas somehow manages to squeeze out wins against both of these teams, however ugly those wins might be, I don't want to hear any more whining and bellyaching from the UT haters out there. The Horns will have proved it on the football field.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote