View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012   #43
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

I am a UT supporter. Now that that's out of the way here is my assessment of the game:

1. UT offense looks solid. Ash is passing the ball reasonably well down the field. Unlike last year where he made boneheaded decisions, this year he is making much better ones. He is only a sophomore so I am excited to see his development this season. UT running game looks good. They have a stable of good running back options. The offensive line is looking better than they have in a couple of years. Compared to where I thought they would be, the offense is doing better than I expected.

2. UT defense looks bad...really bad. The OSU running game shredded the Longhorn D. 8 yards per carry for Walsh, 7.1 for the QB, and overall almost 7 yards per run? That is pitiful. I don't know what happened, but suddenly UT cannot tackle. I have not seen such a pitiful tackling display since the Texans introduced the Olé defense a few years ago. I don't know what happened. Last year Manny Diaz's defense was solid if not good. I thought his year would be as good if not better. This year they can't tackle. Very disappointing effort. Compared to where I thought they would be, the defense is light years worse than I expected.

3. The end of today's game. Very good play calling and good execution on Texas' offense. On the final Texas touchdown, on replay it was clear Bergeron fumbled the ball. What was not clear, however, was who got the ball in the pileup. Since it was inconclusive, the play had to stand. Had it been ruled a fumble, there would not have been enough evidence to overturn it. In this case the refs had to let that call stand.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote