View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
I think the Texans would be overjoyed to get a first for Tate. I don't see it happening. He's just about to go into his second contract. When was the last time a non-elite running back garnered a first round pick? I don't think teams would want to give up a number one pick *and* pay a running back a big contract, which is what they would be committing to with Tate. I think the Texans would do well to get another second rounder and a lower pick. They may want to ride it out with Tate through next year while (if) the Super Bowl window is still open.
I could see Tate being a back up Texan next season but do think a team that needs a back that can catch and run to protect a huge QB investment risking a 22-31 first. If he does as well as we hope this season a team knows what is is getting + a real cheap year before negotiating. He would not have to get a Foster type deal.

It is hard to be elite when you have Foster getting 25+ carries.