View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Von Miller fined $15,750 for roughing Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
He picked him up off his feet and drove him into the ground, that's how shoulder injuries(Lienart) happen.
In my opinion, that's old school football. I love seeing a defender wrap up a player & drive his dick in the dirt. That's how you intimidate a player without having to take a cheap shot. The fact that it was a QB (our QB) should have nothing to do with it. The league has pampered the QB's for so long that they've become soft. However, I do agree with throwing a flag on the Mays hit. That was an obvious attempt to injure the player.

The players today like to throw their bodies at the offensive player & more often than they should, allow the opponent to keep their balance & take off for a long run. Imo, the only sure way to tackle is to run through the player & wrap your arms around him. Then you can intimidate him by driving him into the turf hard.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote