View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012   #66
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
If Brooks is the future RG then who is the future LG ? Wade Smith is 31. How many more good years do you think he has left?
I do think Brooks is the future at RG and Jones is the future at C while filling in at OG so that he gets some experience. W. Smith probably won't be replaced until after the 2013 season and his replacement will most likely be drafted next year to sit for a year behind Smith and then take over the next year. We could also draft a much better RT next year and then move Newton to LG where his limited speed/athleticism for RT wouldn't hurt the team so much and his good enough athleticism for LG would be an assett. I think that's a possibility but I don't think we do it. I think W. Smiths replacement is still in college. I also think that we'll be looking at OT's who have better athleticism than OG's and convert them to the OG position.

As for Tate a 1st round pick from a bad NFC team would be outstanding but I don't think it will happen. I think TTM is correct no team is going to want to give up a 1st AND pay him a major contract. I think it's much more likely that we get a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th. St. Louis would be the perfect team to trade with, they've got extra picks available from the RGIII trade with Washington this year, they're in the NFC so we wouldn't have to play against Tate very often, and they're not a good team so those picks would be high in each respective round. Also Steven Jackson is getting older and slowing down a bit and they could solidify a position that would take alot of pressure off of Bradford.

Rick Wagner-OT could fall to us in the 3rd. He's a bit slow for NFL level OT but he'd be a stud at LG or RG.

BB, how much longer are you working on this mock? When are you posting?

Last edited by Wolf6151; 09-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote