View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012   #63
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
If Brooks is the future RG then who is the future LG ? Wade Smith is 31. How many more good years do you think he has left?
Wolf is right on target. Wade Smith has two years left 2012 @ $2m + $750K (bonus) and 2014 $3m + $750K= cheap. Oline often play into mid 30s and he will be 32 in 2014. There was some talk of an injury last year but I could not nail it down. I prefer to see Ben Jones on right 2012 & 13 and Brooks improving his skills and getting in NFL shape to replace Smith. If Brooks becomes starter, Smith can be cut with only $1.5m against cap. Another strategic move set up by Smith and Olsen. Jones replaces Myers in 2014. We should draft a OG to prepare for 2014.