View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012   #62
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.

We disagree on the RG position. I think our future at RG is on the roster already. I like what Jones can do at RG this year but like you I like him better at C and think that Brooks is the future of the RG position. I think that RT is a bigger need on the O-line, we can't keep up a 2 man rotation forever, it hurts the roster when you've got 2 guys doing the job that 1 should be handling. I think that Newton/Harris is a patchwork for this year and that RT should be addressed in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.
Wolf, as always enjoy exchange of ideas. I think Jones can be successful at RG but would rather see him in 2013 learning the center position and drafting a OG for one side or other. Is Brooks in Kubiak's dog house over weight and effort? I see him at RG in 2013.

I am still leaning towards trading Tate this off season for a first. Denver would be a prime landing spot. Jesse Williams NT, Matthews OT and in 2nd grab Alvin Bailey RG or LG and let him sit behind Smith one year. A late second round pick this year who projects to #2 OG in nation in 2014.

I think Forsett has shown enough to be a #2 back and Griffin showed Smith can still get one cut and go power backs very late or UDFA. If we could get a first for Tate, I'd be willing to spend a later round pick on a RB. Keep an eye on Cierre Wood Notre Dame 6'0 215 4.48