View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012   #61
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.

We disagree on the RG position. I think our future at RG is on the roster already. I like what Jones can do at RG this year but like you I like him better at C and think that Brooks is the future of the RG position. I think that RT is a bigger need on the O-line, we can't keep up a 2 man rotation forever, it hurts the roster when you've got 2 guys doing the job that 1 should be handling. I think that Newton/Harris is a patchwork for this year and that RT should be addressed in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.
If Brooks is the future RG then who is the future LG ? Wade Smith is 31. How many more good years do you think he has left?