View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012   #58
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
NT is my highest priority as I do not see Cody returning in '13 due to cap & age. Mitchell has not proven to be much more than rotational & not sure I'd want to start him '13 in his last contract year.

I'm not sure our RG of future is on roster. I think Jones could handle but prefer him as a center with another OG on right. Can Brooks be that guy? I say go for RG in draft & allow Brooks a '13 to develop and maybe take Wade Smith's place.

I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.

We disagree on the RG position. I think our future at RG is on the roster already. I like what Jones can do at RG this year but like you I like him better at C and think that Brooks is the future of the RG position. I think that RT is a bigger need on the O-line, we can't keep up a 2 man rotation forever, it hurts the roster when you've got 2 guys doing the job that 1 should be handling. I think that Newton/Harris is a patchwork for this year and that RT should be addressed in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote