View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

I think the next draft will be very different for us in that we will not be drafting for positional need to start but more likely backup strength. We should be able to begin soldifying our depth.

NT is my highest priority as I do not see Cody returning in '13 due to cap & age. Mitchell has not proven to be much more than rotational & not sure I'd want to start him '13 in his last contract year.

I'm not sure our RG of future is on roster. I think Jones could handle but prefer him as a center with another OG on right. Can Brooks be that guy? I say go for RG in draft & allow Brooks a '13 to develop and maybe take Wade Smith's place.

2013: LT Brown, LG Smith/Brooks, C Myers/Jones RG Jones/draft pick RT Newton/Harris
2014: LT Brown, LG Brooks, C Jones (Myers will complete his guarantee '13 & is due $5m and $6m in '14 & '15 cut him) RG Draft pick from 2013 RT Newton.

Who knows? Maybe Cody White can be prepared enough to be OG back up by then.