View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I think newton is in the mold of winston in a lot of ways. Decent now in the run game with the potential to be very good, but poor against a quick edge rush. Stats can often be deceiving and as your aware newton has the benifitt of a guard and a tight end in the run game. I havent given up on the guy as I understand he's a work in progress. I want to see more. Clearly, he is not a texans strength and far closer to a weakness. He may be ok durring the regular season but come the playoffs he'd better have his act together or he will be exploited.
I think Kubes saw Newton as at least comparable to Winston & maybe surpassing by end of season.