View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012   #45
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

I understand that ST isn't a team strength right now, but I don't see it as bad as some make it out to be.

Kick offs are a little weak, but teams are only averaging just under 25 yards per return, the D can mop that up.

Kick Returns need some work. Joe needs to tell Holliday when you catch the ball in the parking it take a knee and get the ball at the 20 for crying out loud. We are averaging a 17 yard return, which the vast majority of teams are in the low to mid 20's. There are some teams well above that number, but they have a long return or two skewing the average from a small sample size.

Punt Returns are middle of the pack at 10 yards. In three games we played in Denver (Hello 30 second hang time!!!), and a punter drafted in the 3rd round. Holliday needs to get better or put Martin in there, not a huge concern.

Punting distance is in the top third of the NFL, coverage is a little sketchy, as we are in the bottom third. We are giving up about 15 yards per return. I haven't paid attention to DJ's hang time, perhaps he is giving up hang time for distance.

This doesn't look like most of this can't be fixed. These are the kinds of issues where little improvements pay huge dividends. I'm not concerned, other than Holliday makes me a little nervous at times. I sure would like to know if they have someone else that they know will field the ball 100% of the time and hold on to it that they can put in when warranted and justifiably give up the deep return threat.