View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012   #69
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is who he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Last point first - #88 didn't "blow it" for the Broncos. It was excellent coverage by our secondary.

As to your first point, you have strongest running game in the NFL and the best 1-2 RB tandem maybe in league history. Why WOULDN'T you run it with a large lead? Every incomplete pass gives the behind team an extra 40 seconds. 40 seconds is good for 5-6 passing plays - easily enough for a TD drive. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I was wondering why the hell they didn't run it MORE when they were up by 20.
Because in 3rd quarter you should not be focusing on running out the clock but scoring and defending. QBs like Peyton can come back on you. Wait a second. IIRC Peyton did come back on us. That game was a prime example to go full throttle until at least 1/2 thru fourth quarter.

Reminds me of college basketball dribbling forever to run clock out with 20 minutes to play. Incomplete passes stop the clock BUT completed passes put you closer to points. No coach calls up a pass thinking it will be incomplete.