View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Or in the spirit of every message board ever ... have an opinion on the topic and or debate or discussion about said topic. Just because I dont agree with a post doesnt mean I have to auto-bypass making a comment.

I wasnt actually insulted but because I voiced my opinion the other poster said it was insulting so I was showing how it could work both ways.

Do I think it is premature to start talking about weakness after three games? Without a doubt. Some of these supposedly weak players are young and given time my prove to be great assests (see Chris Myers).
I understand the spirit of your perspective. But, we live in a sports culture and this is what fans do. Watching NFL Playbook, All Access, NFL Tonight, talk radio, etc., and it's a lot of stuff about breaking down strengths and weaknesses of teams.

As fans, it doesn't mean we are somehow against our team or anything. I have always thought of the forum as being a virtual bar where friends can sit around and shoot the shit about something we all share a passion for, and these kinds of threads reflect that sort of attitude.

If anything, I think this type of thread results from a fan being excited about the team and wanting more conversation about the team. But, I can remember years ago when the entire forum was depressing and every thread was mostly negative because there was nothing positive to talk about. It is nice these days to have threads devoted to analysis instead of bitchfests, if ya' know what I mean.