View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grimes signed by Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
No worries GP. I just happen to disagree with you (and, undoubtedly, countless others).

I will admit to under-rating Grimes out of college. He did prove that he has a lot of talent, and that he belongs on the team. And I, like you (and Rey, and countless others) thought he would make the 53. I too liked Grimes better than Forsett.

However, I dont think that Meggett is much worse than Grimes. He is a natural runner, has good lower body strength, and is a willing blocker. Like I said, I think he makes the roster next year, if not at the end of this year if someone gets injured (knock on wood that it does not happen).
I'm with rmartin on this one.
Pre-training camp, I liked Meggett a little better than Grimes.

I thought Grimes ran "a little upright" in college (not that the style can't be successful in the NFL - see Eric Dickerson - whom I saw play at SMU; he was a couple years younger than me.)

There wasn't much tapes of Grimes to evaluate his blockings.

I liked what I saw of Meggett in college, including his blocking skills.

Grimes showed very well in PS though, better than Meggett, but neither was used much in blocking so we can't tell hardly anything about that part.

He didn't run upright during PS as I thought he would.
Perhaps he took in Dickerson's advice by heart "I run upright when I see daylight" (but not in traffic).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote