View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012   #57
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grimes signed by Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Not hammering you on this one, but would just like to say that Meggett is such a steep drop off from Grimes. In fact, Grimes--in my opinion and in Rey's too--was maybe even better (overall, measured many ways) than Forsett. Maybe the veteran aspect & the blocking aspect Forsett is better at...but running the ball? Grimes was on a different level than Forsett IMO.

It's suckening (new word I just invented) that Grimes got away from us.
No worries GP. I just happen to disagree with you (and, undoubtedly, countless others).

I will admit to under-rating Grimes out of college. He did prove that he has a lot of talent, and that he belongs on the team. And I, like you (and Rey, and countless others) thought he would make the 53. I too liked Grimes better than Forsett.

However, I dont think that Meggett is much worse than Grimes. He is a natural runner, has good lower body strength, and is a willing blocker. Like I said, I think he makes the roster next year, if not at the end of this year if someone gets injured (knock on wood that it does not happen).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote