View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on Sports Radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan-American View Post
First off, I'm new to the forum from Beaumont. I just branched out from HoustonTexans.com and thought I'd join y'all at TT.
Now, for my question...What radio station/show do you tune-in for your Texan fix? I usually listen to 97.5 FM and catch "The Blitz" and "The Drive"(Put 'em up Dukes!) in the afternoons. I always look forward to hearing about the Texans . Fred and AJ(The Blitz) seem to usually doubt the Texans, especially compared to Dukes(The Drive), who seems like a fan. Just wondering if I had any other options.
That's definitely a "Which is better chocolate or vanilla ice cream?" kind of question. Everybody has their own preference, and it's kind of a fools errand to try to convince somebody who likes vanilla that chocolate is actually better. (The correct answer is Blue Bell Butter Pecan BTW).

I've been a fan of both Charlie Palillo and Lance Zierlein for quite awhile now, and as fate would have it, they're now co-hosting a show on 790 KBME that runs from 3:00 till 7:00 in the afternoon/evening. Lance (LZ) is extremely knowledgable about football, and Charlie is extremely knowledgable about pretty much everything. Others will tell you different things, and you should consider it all and maybe check a few different shows and decide for yourself.

Most every show is loved by someone, and most every show is hated by someone, so give any of 'em that might interest you a chance, and see what your preference is.

Others I like are:

N.D. Kalu and Gregg Koch on 790 from 10:00 A.M. until noon
I like the Blitz - as you apparently do too. Carl Dukes - not so much.
You can also check out 1560 which is Yahoo sports radio, but originates (mostly) here in Houston. I don't listen to it much, so I don't have much to say good or bad. Finally, as you are surely aware, 610 AM (KILT) is the Flagship station for the Texans, so they're probably the most Texan-centered station in town. Some don't like the on-air personalities, some feel they're shills for the Texans because of the business relationship. There are things there I like, but not many.