View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is who he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I hope people don't think I was trying to be negative about Kubiak here. I love Kubiak, and have been a fan of his for a long time.
Not at all .... Was more pointed at a few specific people. You and Tex werent among those , I even said as much to Tex in another thread a week or two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Kubiak is a 50-49 coach in year 7. He is who he is, so enjoy what we have at this time.
As many times as we've heard Gary say "its on me" .... How many losses can we really attribute directly to his making mistakes in game ?

We've seen what this staff can do with talent to work with .... we kinda have to take that 50-49 record with a grain of salt .... Taking over that 2-14 team and going 6-10 with it , I have to wonder if they didnt overachieve.

The 2010 6-10 .... Ugh. That team was snakebit .... Several heartbreaking losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
The guy has done well to change opinions on him.
Yeah , he's come a long way .... Winning will do that for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I prefer not to get into that discussion anymore because I think the question is framed wrong. I think the Texans O is a "we'll take what you give us" offense that's designed to be able to run on teams trying to stop the run.

In the early part of the game, if whatever the D is trying to stop, our O will do something else. You try to stop the run, we'll pass. You try to stop the long pass, we'll take the underneath. You try to stop the underneath, we'll go deep. Whatever you do, we'll find a way to hurt you.

In the late part of the game if we have a lead, we will pound the rock and eat up the clock. But if you sell out on the run, we'll still throw it to keep you on your heels.

The only thing we have to worry about is penalties and turnovers. If we eliminate those, we'll do well.
MSR.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote