View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Jones needs to start at RG

Once again, I had said during the draft season that I like Ben Jones better than Caldwell as a prospect. I also like Brandon Brooks for the long term better than Caldwell.

But one look at the number of snaps each players played and grade them on each.
Ben also had some poor plays.
He had not done enough to unseat Caldwell from the starting spot, IMHO.

It's all good.
Before the season starts, a few posters didn't think Kubiak will alternate players.
I disagreed.
I didn't see either Newton or Butler as lock; I didn't see either Caldwell or Brooks as lock.
I "promised" that Ben Jones is the heir apparent to Myers at Center (I never said the same thing about Caldwell back then when he was drafted - and Myers wasn't as good then as he is today), but I also believed that he (BJ) can fit well at Guard.
I was glad to see him playing multi-positions in the PS (and did well).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote