View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012   #13
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is who he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I don't know what game you were watching, but with a 20-point lead in the 3rd, on that play where Schaub lost a chunk of his ear, he was throwing deep to Andre. Gary doesn't change his offensive game plan regardless of the lead. Hell, we run it a ton when we DON'T have a big lead, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that we're going to run it WITH a big lead. 8-man fronts? We're running the ball. 3-man fronts in dime packages? We're running the ball. The offense is built on play actions from sucking defenses in because they're afraid we're going to run it. It's what we do. 3rd and 8? He's not afraid to run it. 4th and inches? Not afraid to throw it. It's total confidence that your offense is going to get yards no matter what play you call. THAT is Kubiak's "style".
I believe we just had a 10-point lead on the "ear" play, but I agree with your overall point...Kubes wants to run the ball, and unless we're down by 20 or so points in the 2nd half, that's going to be the first option.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote