View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Derek Newton has tough test in Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He lost a couple big ones, but he also won his share. He's been damn good for a rookie.
Um.

I hate to point this out. We drafted him LAST year. He was on the 53 and, iirc, dressed for all the games. He played in some jumbo packages, I think.

So, he's not a rook.

And I've said this before and I'll probably say it again, but I think it was Newton's development last year that made them think Winston was expendable.

From the part of the game that I was able to actually watch (everything AFTER Arian's TD), he looked like he did a pretty good job and that's why I was surprised to see him off the field at the end of the game and Harris out there as the RT.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote