View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012   #67
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Does Holliday even practice with the rest of theam? I'd have him and the punter just practice catching punts all day every day in practice until he gets it right. I'm less concerned about kickoffs because he has time to recover, but the punt can get tricky especially with guys ready to take you out if you miss.

I would much rather have a sure fair catch every time than a small percentage of a fumble on any given punt return and a small percent chance of a TD.
Trindon didn't really have much to work with today. We knew all kickoffs were going straight through the end zone. He does seem more hesitant back there, though, compared to pre-season.

One thing I always wondered, though... on obvious un-returnable punts, why not stick a sure-handed receiver back there? For example, if the punter is kicking between the 40s, most likely he's kicking it high and simply try to pin the team inside the 20. 95% of the time, these punts aren't returned. So why have Trindon back there? Why not put a guy that is proven to have good hands and make good decisions? For all other punts that are "returnable", then stick the playmaker back there.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote