View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012   #36
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: EmDiggy and football gameplan, where you at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Because their team has been to the Super Bowl and won. They know what their team has done int the past and confident that they can do it again.
Their team had also been around a lot longer than the 10+ years the Texans have. We are still "new fans" compared to most NFL team fans. Our team has done something once. We are still waiting for the Texans to be more consistant with winning. We have had our hopes dashed too many times to be overconfident at this point.
Yeah that's understandable. I still think most fans should be rational and think on a case-by-case basis.

Those Super Bowl trophies were a long time ago. Times have changed, and maintaining an almost unwarranted confidence in your team just because they've been champions in the past seems unreasonable to me.

Then again, I wouldn't know. I only know what it's like to be a Houston sports fan.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote