View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tate is Not Being Overlooked

Came across this Washington Post article giving some good character rep to Tate, both as a player and a person.

Quote:
Development of Tate gives Houston Texans formidable running back tandem
By Associated Press, Published: September 21

HOUSTON — Ben Tate was in a position any rookie would envy.

Drafted by the Houston Texans in the second round in 2010 after a stellar senior season at Auburn, the running back was competing for a starting job.

But almost as quickly as his opportunity came, it was over when a broken right ankle in the first preseason game ended his rookie campaign. Arian Foster emerged to lead the NFL with 1,616 yards rushing, meaning Houston would have a talented backup when Tate returned.

The 24-year-old Tate insists he doesn’t waste time thinking of what might have been.

“This is where I’m supposed to be,” he said. “Maybe I wasn’t ready yet. Maybe I thought I was ready, but maybe I wasn’t. You never know. I just always think things happen for a reason and I just go with the flow and don’t think about it anymore.”

Tate appeared in 15 games last season and finished with 942 yards rushing as a complement to Foster. He had just 6 yards rushing in Houston’s season opener two weeks ago, but stood out against the Jaguars with 74 yards and two scores and along with 23 yards receiving. He was chosen offensive player of the week by the coaching staff.

Foster had 110 yards rushing last week to help the Texans to 2-0 entering Sunday’s game at Denver.

For Tate, instead of lamenting the chance he missed because of his injury, he prefers to focus on the improvements he made, both mentally and physically while rehabilitating from it.
CLICK ON LINK ABOVE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote