View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012   #111
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I personally dont understand the issue people have with it. Bulls on parade does not bring anything "effeminate" to mind for me. I think bulls, and military, and that beat in the RATM song.

I dont automatically associate the word parade with baton twirling and old men in go-carts though. For some reason, some people are incapable of associating the word parade with the military.. which, historically, is what a parade is.

Whatever the case... it doesnt really matter what we think. Like it or hate it.. the players have identified with it, and the national media has caught wind of it. My advice would be to untwist your panties and embrace it whole-heartedly. The more we, the fans, boast about it..the more likely we are to have our defense become an icon in the NFL. If we continue to rail against the name, we are only gonna hurt our chances of being in the record books .

You may not want to put a Bulls on Parade sticker on your cherry '79 Camaro... or iron the patch on your Members Only jacket, but the sooner you can stop lobbying for whatever 80's action movie title you have been wanting to call our defense, the sooner we can stop having this conversation and get back to just enjoying being a dominate force in the NFL.
Great post. I agree with you completely. Rep to you!
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote